• January – May: prepare & apply for internships.
• June 9 – August 22: complete your summer internship.
• May 15: deadline to register your summer internship.
• International Students: be sure to review CPT & other requirements.
january – march
• Create or Update Your Application Materials
Develop your resume, cover letter/email, portfolio sample, demo reel, and/or web site. Research potential internship opportunities.
• Review Tips & Advice for Applying for Internships
• Register or Update Your Profile in ArtWorks
• Sign-up or Update Your Profile in RISD Portfolios
• Attend Portfolio Reviews & Programs
Design & Fine Arts Portfolio Reviews – juniors, seniors & graduate students are encouraged to meet with art and design world professionals for feedback on their portfolios, network and obtain leads on upcoming internships, jobs and artist opportunities. Prep for the reviews and internships by attending other career programs too.
march – may
• Consider Meeting with Your Academic Advisor
Review internship options and learning objectives for possible internships.
• Consider Meeting with an Advisor at RISD Careers
Review your materials and develop a strong application.
• Attend Additional Career Programs
These programs will help to support and guide your application process.
• Apply for Internships
Send your materials to prospective internship sponsors, follow-up on your applications, secure interviews and determine next steps.
• Register Your Internship in ArtWorks
Be sure to do this once you get an offer and accept the internship.
CHECK OUT INTAR STUDENTS’ PORTFOLIO
Kirby Benjamin (MDes Class of 2015)
Yiling Chu (MDes Class of 2015)
Junho Choi (MDes Class of 2014)
Lan Hwang (BFA Class of 2013)
Diana Cho (BFA Class of 2014)
Ding Diandian (MDes Class of 2014)
If you are currently a student of RISD’s Interior Architecture Program, please send your portfolio website or blog to: INTARview@gmail.com